Make sure you don’t have too much water!
1) What did the steamer look like?
2) Lid on or off?
3) What was going on in the pot (what cooking method) when I was getting ready for steaming?
4) Therefore what heat would you need to set the stove to?
5) I emptied water from the pot a few times, how do you know how much water should be in the pot when you are steaming?
6) What was coming out of the holes?
7) Why is steaming such a gentle healthy way to cook food? (2 marks)
8) Why is the lid necessary when steaming?
9) Do you stay at the highest heat the entire time?
10) How do you know when the food is done?