Measuring Tools and measuring small amounts
Measuring a small amount of liquid
1) Where should it go after measuring it in a spoon?
Measuring sticky ingredients
2) How do you prevent them from sticking to measuring tools?
3) When do you use measuring spoons (state both measurements (2 marks) and state both types of ingredients (4 marks)?
Dry Measuring – Flour
4) What do you ask yourself when deciding if you should use a dry or liquid measuring cup?
5) State two rules for measuring flour (besides using a dry measuring cup).
Dry Measuring – Margarine and Brown Sugar
6) What two ingredients do you pack?
Liquid Measure – liquids equal to 1/4C or greater
7) State 2 rules for measuring a liquid (besides using a liquid measuring cup).
8) Would you use a liquid or dry measuring cup for apple sauce?
9) What is the most common way to measure fat that comes in brick form?
10) Explain how to measure with water displacement. (3 marks)