Making pie crust:
1) What is the name of the technique where I mixed fat and flour?
2) What temperature should your liquid be when making pie dough?
3) Why do you cut-in? (3 marks)
4) Do you add in all your liquid at once?
Rolling out your dough
1) What was the cooking term for when I put flour onto the pie dough?
2) What is the cooking term for when you put flour on a counter or work space?
3) What did I roll the dough between?
1) What cooking term described making a fancy edge around my crust?
2) How much extra dough needed to surround the edge of the pie plate?
3) What was the word I used to get the pie dough into the pie plate?
Precooking the crust
1) What was the cooking term I used for describing the cooking of your pie crust empty?
2) State two moments when you would cook the crust empty.
3) How can you prevent the base of your pie crust from bubbling or shrinking?