1) What frying pan was I using?
2) Describe this pan in 2 points.
3) What is the cooking term for getting my ingredients in order and ready to use?
4) Why were my vegetables divided into different groupings, for example why were my snow peas and green peppers together?
5) How much oil did I start with my first batch of stir-frying?
6) What temp did I start my pan on?
7) State 2 reasons you work in batches when stir-frying?
8) What is the key to stir-frying, or what makes stir-frying different from other types of frying?
9) What can you do to test whether or not your oil is hot enough to add your vegetables? (2 marks)
10) If your vegetables start to stick what should you do? (2 marks)
11) What 3 things will you do when your vegetables are cooked? (3 marks)
12) How did I know when my vegetables were cooked?
13) If your pan starts to smoke at all what should you do?
14) How can you reduce the fat but prevent sticking without adding extra oil?
15) How much should you add at a time?
16) How do you know that it is safe to add water to your stir-fry?
17) What cooks faster, bok choy leaves or the stem?
18) Why did I put the lid on the wok? (2 marks)
19) Do you leave your stir-fry unattended when you have put the lid on?
20) What did I do before adding the meat mixture into the wok? Why? (2 marks)
21) What can help you decide the order of chopping your vegetables?